[TenTec] Omni VI+ memory LED question

nz7c at cox.net nz7c at cox.net
Mon May 31 23:49:51 EDT 2004

Hi folks -
I recently became the proud owner of an Omni VI+. It is operating beautifully, but tonight I ran into an odd occurrence. I decided to see if I could load the memories with TRX from my laptop - which as it turns out works fine. Here's the odd thing though. Unless I am losing my mind (what's left of it) the LED's that show the time as well as the memory channels were working just fine before I down loaded. Now some of those LED lights are not working. Either I have a few burned out LED lights or somehow TRX sent a message to the Omni that impacts that display. I did a complete reset but that had no impact on the LEDs. I doubt that TRX is the problem, but thought I'd check and see if anyone had an odd issue like that. Assuming the lights are burned out, does anyone know a part number for replacement bulbs and is it just a pop the front panel operation? Thanks in advance for any input.
73/Tim NZ7C