[TenTec] My new Orion and a question...

Eric SENSI eric.sensi at skynet.be
Mon Nov 1 08:22:53 EST 2004

Hello there,

Great news...

After having a lot of troubles with my first Orion during 1 month, I finally
received a brand NEW Orion last friday just before the CQ WW contest ! The
new radio stays up for at least 20 hours during the contest and I did not
experience ANY crashes, no problems at all, no bugs on the screen, no DSP
messages, no receiver/transmitter crashes, no DV memory hanging, no RF
feedback into the microphone... Well, now I understand why some of you are
really crazy about this radio because the receiver is a Porsche ! :-)

Finally I choose the #706 desk microphone instead of the Heil Goldline, the
#706 is really cool with the Orion and I can tailor my voice easily to get
that enhanced SSB sound I was waiting for !

The Orion is real fun and it is a joy to operate. Really !

Now, my little question... but I know I'm splitting hairs ! :-)

The only strange thing I have with the radio is that PBT/BW rotary encoder
which is a little hard to turn compared with all the others, the other 5
rotary encoders are turning very easily without any hard spot - is it very
smooth operation !

Is there a way to remove that black/silver button to see if it's not too
close to the front panel ?

I can't see any screws on the button, is this button glued on the encoder
???

All the best, 73's !

Eric, ON6CV.