[TenTec] Quite PWR SUPPLY?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Nov 3 14:10:37 EST 2004

n4lq wrote:
> I have the Astron 20 and Astron 50M and both of them hum. I think as
> they get older they tend to loosen up. Maybe I'm over sensitive to LF
> AF. I even bought a new PC to get away from fan noise but no I can hear
> the HDD scratching around. :*( My little 25a MFJ switcher is wonderful
> but it's little fan makes a noise. I'm checking out that Alinco someone
> mentioned. Could it be? A switcher with no fan?

When the Macintosh came out it had no fan. Several third party clip on
fans were sold, but the best option was an ultrasonic "butterfly fan"
that went inside.

Possibly you could find a similar one.  Another option would be to mount
the power supplies out of the room, and run the wires into you radio room.
The cost would be high due to the current involved.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, C.T.O. GW&T Ltd., Jerusalem Israel
gsm at mendelson.com gsm at gwandt.com
IL Voice: 972-544-608-069  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838