[TenTec] Quiet PWR SUPPLY?

Ynkedragon at aol.com Ynkedragon at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 15:50:08 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/03/2004 13:06:28 Eastern Standard Time, n4lq at iglou.com
writes:

<< I want a power supply that makes NO noise. No hum,
 no fan, just 20-25 amps of 13.8vdc. Any suggestions? Oh yes BTW, I have
 a TT 262 supply that hums too! Not loud but still, I can hear it. I want
 silence.  >>

The switchers have fans, I find them noisy.  I have used many Astron linear
supplies.  I find that if they are located a few feet away from the station
equipment, on a surface which provides acoustic dampening (like a couple of firm
mouse pads), or in a  vented enclosure, that I can achieve the desired "Sound
of Silence."  You might look at some of the principles of audio studio design
for some more ideas.

73 Blair k3yd