[TenTec] TXCO unit [OT]

Robert Meuser robertm at broadcast.net
Fri Nov 5 16:25:00 EST 2004

Phase noise in PLLs is impacted by the VCO as was
stated and also impart by it's sensitivity, the number of
millivolts per kilohertz of frequency change. The other
major factors include loop filter and division ratio. There
are also various pll design topologies which impact noise
both directly and indirectly by division ratio. There is quite
a bit about this in the ARRL handbook and from various
chip designers such as Analog Devices. AD has a free
program to calculate phase noise and other PLL
characteristics for their chips.