[TenTec] N4PY Orion Control Program Version 1.12 Released

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 9 12:26:48 EST 2004

Eric... On the basis of your post below, I downloaded HRD v.3, installed it
and played with it for the better part of the afternoon.  I could only test
it on my Jupiter with respect to the N4PY software which I've been using for
over a year.

I think HRD's two best features are: it's free, and it's bundled with a
superb PSK31 programme. The actual HRD control programme, I found was
somewhat cumbersome to use and feature sparse compared to N4PY's, especially
as regards CW, my favourite mode.

Anyway, thanks for bringing HRD back to my attention Eric -- it is a good
piece of software and it is free!  Free notwithstanding, I'm still pleased
to pay a small price to get a control programme that has many more (read
useful) features than the stand-alone hardware provides, rather than fewer
features for free.

Best,
Jerome - VA7VV - Vancouver