[TenTec] N4PY Orion Control Program Version 1.12 Released

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Wed Nov 10 08:45:30 EST 2004

Yes, but if I convert a USB port to a serial port, do I still obtain the
increased speed of the USB?  If so, that sounds like an easy way out.
Or are you suggesting that TT change the interface to a USB type?

73, Joe

Tommy wrote:

> Just a small observation...the speed of the CPU has very little, if
> anything to do with the speed of the serial port. If your need faster
> I/O speeds, it's probably best to look at using USB 2.0 ports instead
> of serial ports.
>
> Tom - W4BQF
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Giacobello" <k2xx at swva.net>

>>> problem. I've used the Pegasus software on four different computers
>>> from a P100 up to a P4/3gig machine and never noticed that kind of a