[TenTec] QSK/QRQ problem with Orion / ACOM 2000A

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Nov 11 13:50:13 EST 2004

Well of course speed is not the issue. I, too, was sending during SS
ab 26 and 28 and 30 wpm and my Titan 3 worked flawless but it was
being driven with my Omni 6 Plus. Seems like a lot of folks who use
non-Ten Tec amps, have their amps/Orion work for them in the Orion's
keying loop. My Orion will not work reliabily with the Titan 3 in
the Keying loop, but the Titan 3 and both my Omni 6 Plus and my Icom
IC-781 never have any problems. Exact same cables, etc., just change
radios. Been working this way for 16 months now.

At the present time my Orion is relegated to testing beta firmware.

Tom - W4BQF