[TenTec] QSK

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Tue Nov 16 06:13:00 EST 2004

Hmmmm....good point Paul.

But that brings up the question, if you have proper 3:1 element
lengths, why would you have to fiddle with the weighting?

Or , is it really correct that the 3:1 ratio is proper/correct
elements? Isn't that a 'spec' that, like QSK, was developed back in
the mechanical key era also?

To me, sidetone circuitry in just about every rig is designed
completely incorrect. I think in most rigs, sidetone is generated by
the keying pulses going TO the xmtr stages. I think it should be
developed by the wave shape sampled in the SWR circuit. That way you
would have a more true representation of how your own signal
sounded. As it is now, you really have no true representation in
sidetone, of how your signal actually sounds.

Any thoughts?

Tom - W4BQF