[TenTec] Omni 6+ rx dead

Joe Malloy jmalloy at stny.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 18:10:20 EST 2004

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wrote:

>My old faithful and beloved omni 6+ had no receive when I turned it on last
>night.  It will transmit fine but the receiver acts like there is no antenna
>connected to it on all bands.  There are the usual birdies here and there
>and it will receive the signal from another hf rig who's antenna is about
>50' away.  The 100 watt signal from the other rig gives only about a S5 on
>the omni's S meter.  I cnecked the antenna connections and the rca cables to
>and from the qsk connection on the Centurion and all seems good.  I replaced
>the amp cables with a jumper with no results.
>Unless someone has a suggestion I guess it is off to TenTec Service.
>Jim in Waco, WB5OXQ.

Does the Omni VI+ have an antenna switch that allows the rx to use a
different antenna than the tx?  I'm thinking of a little slide switch on
the rear of the unit.  Those things cause problems every now and then
but a quick shot of DeOxit usually gets everything humming again....it's
a thought, anyway.  Happy Thanksgiving, by the by.

73,

Joe, W2RBA