[TenTec] RF and Ten Tec Rigs

Jacobs, Gordon G_Jacobs at wfec.com
Fri Oct 1 09:12:07 EDT 2004

I had RF problems with one of the first scouts. When I talked I could hear
myself louder that I was talking. I put beads on every thing I could with no
results. The factory told me that was a problem with the scout and there was
no fix. During my efforts to fix the problem I punched a hole in the speaker
and decided to replace it. I did not have an 8 ohm speaker the right size but
I did have a 16 ohm speaker that would fit. I installed the 16 ohm speaker
until I could get to Radio Shack to get the right speaker. When I tested the
scout the problem was gone. I could no longer hear myself unless I placed my
ear on the speaker. I can live with that. Gordon KA5ZTI