[TenTec] amp/tuner advice needed...

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Fri Oct 1 22:08:30 EDT 2004

As one who has owned both the Centaur and the Centurion, I'd recommend
the Centurion.  You'll run 600w with ease on it, and the fan noise is
almost non-existant.  I also felt the component quality of the Centurion
was better - the mini-toggle switches on the Centaur fail relatively
quickly.  I think it was John, K5XTX who noted that he was able to quiet
the Centaur's fan noise quite a bit by just bending the cabinet side
metal strips between the air slots so that they were opened more.  The
noise is caused by the restrictions immediately in front of the rotating
fan blades.  Take the case off and you'll see what I mean.  Both are good
amps, but I'd go for the Centurion even though it's the pricier solution.

        73,  Duane