[TenTec] amp/tuner advice needed...

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Sat Oct 2 08:40:04 EDT 2004

I couldn't agree more.  I bought two of these used and although I've had
some minor problems, I am quite impressed with their service and
performance.  Two major positive features:  1) the separate power supply
and RF deck and 2) all wires are tagged and numbered and keyed to
numbers in the schematic.  The RF deck only weighs 14 lbs., which really
makes it easy to put it on the bench for maintenance.  There's also
plenty of space inside which also adds to ease of maintenance.  I've
seen these for sale recently for as little as $1400.

73, Joe