[TenTec] ParagonII ears compared to ArgoV

designer designer at quickdata.com
Tue Oct 5 15:09:11 EDT 2004

I was just now listening to an XE beacon on 10 meters while in the
process of testing BandMaster with the Paragon II. I was pretty
jazzed because I have heard nothing on 10 meters since I put the
station together. Just for fun I switched on the Argo V and it
couldn't even hear the beacon that was weak but clear copy on the OLD
Paragon II. Looking at the sensitivity specs and having a "new is
better" naivete, I expected the Argo to pick it up too. The K2
couldn't grab it either.

Guess Ten Tec engineers knew a thing or two about building receivers
before digital.

73,
Paul, K7NHB
Bend OR