[TenTec] Paragon II ears compared to ArgoV

Jacobs, Gordon G_Jacobs at wfec.com
Wed Oct 6 10:32:26 EDT 2004

A few years ago I bought a new Omni 6 from the factory. When I first tried it
out I found that the receiver was hot and would pull out the signals. I had a
DELTA II (The most under rated radio TEN TEC ever produced) setting beside
the OMNI 6 so I thought I would see how much better the OMNI 6 was. With the
same antenna I found the sensitivity of the two to be about the same, but The
recovered audio on the DELTA II was better than the OMNI 6. The difference
would have been a QSO. The S meters were about the same. Not very scientific,
but interesting. Gordon KA5ZTI