[TenTec] Defective Heil Goldline was (maybe) the cause of my troubles...

Eric SENSI eric.sensi at skynet.be
Tue Oct 19 15:58:15 EDT 2004

Hello all,

Some of you remember me (Eric, ON6CV), the guy with the faulty Orion...

Well, my "first" Orion finally will be replaced by a new one thanks to the
comprehensive german dealer. I'm pretty sure he's doing some nice job there.
That's the first thing.

The second thing is that I had a new Heil Goldline GM-4 mike that was alone
here, so I decided to sell it this week.

One fellow ham of my country took it at it's place to use it also on his 1
year old Orion, his radio was not a "faulty" one, never one single reset or
problems mentioned, no rf feedback problems even with the Alpha 99 power amp
running at full throttle !

I've just received an e-mail from him this evening saying that the Heil GM-4
was not working correctly, rf feedback, bad modulation on the air and
monitor, crash of the transmitter... 2 resets of the Orion needed !

Well, I wonder if all the troubles I had were not in relation with that
"bad" mike ? I wonder how it is possible however ! We'll verify this in a
while and if it's the mike that was the cause of all this mess then I have
to present all my excuses to the ham community and especially the tentec
community ! :-(

I'll keep you informed of our inquiries about that, of course because I
think this is really important, at least it is for me ! ;-)

Thank you all for reading.

All the best, Eric, ON6CV.