[TenTec] Defective Heil Goldline was (maybe) the cause of my troubles...

Eric SENSI eric.sensi at skynet.be
Tue Oct 19 16:37:56 EDT 2004

Dear Stuart,

Yes of course I verified that at least 5 times when I owned that microphone
and it was okay, I had proper grounding with the Orion chassis as mentioned
in the owner manual page 10 fig 2-5.

It seems that this mike has been "opened" has I can see clearly some
scratches on the small screw that close the mike after assembly ! I really
have to see that with the guy who sold me that mike a month ago... he said
it was brand new, now I really doubt of it.

It's a shame that I didn't investigate a little bit more around the
microphone during the last month, I really missed that and now I'm eating my
own fingers just thinking it was maybe the mike which was the responsible of
all this mess ! :-(

As I said, I keep you informed in a while... And there is a guy here who's
gonna hear me soon, I will try to do my best to see if this guy is trusty or
not ! Otherwise, he will take the goldline in the middle of his head ! A
goldline could be an excellent hammer too ! :-) Just kidding !

Eric, ON6CV.