[TenTec] Orion NR and AGC

Gary Tuck gtuck at mac.com
Sat Oct 30 14:14:46 EDT 2004

Can anyone explain the interaction between the NR and setting the
Threshold of the AGC?  The manual states that, "When DSP NR is
selected, digital AGC artificially reduces the threshold setting of the
digital AGC--"  Is it reduced to the default 3.03uv?  I know that if I
have the NR active,  adjusting the Threshold control seems to have no
effect.  I like the NR for two reasons--sure helps with the urban QRN
it seems and when I disable the NR, my sweep function freezes.  (I did
a master reset last week and then the Sweep seemed to work with the NR
on or off,  but it now has returned to it's old behavior.  It will not
work if NR is on. )

tnx, Gary