[TenTec] Orion flawless

Kc9cdt at aol.com Kc9cdt at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 21:00:09 EST 2004

Hi all,
I just had a very exiting and very good CQ SSB contest with Orion, and my
Alpha 91b.
Mind you I only have a wire antenna, but it was amazing especially on 15 and
10... I was able to pick em out and other than a very few, contact every one I
heard!

My score will not be competitive, as I only operated about 24 hours out of
the 48, and I participated for the fun of it and to get lots of new countries. I
had a ball and got lots of countries.

The Orion performed perfectly. Actually, I am on 1.369. No failures, No
resets, and it was awesome for those crowded conditions!

Hope the rest of you (the ones that wanted to participate) had as much fun as
I.
Who knows, maybe someday I will be a competitive contester? But I sure do
have a lot to learn.  I learned a lot this week end and even though I know some
folks don't like contesting (or contests) I believe that every aspect of Ham
radio can be fun and you can learn something.

73,
Lee