[TenTec] Omni VI v. Orion

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Wed Sep 1 01:49:31 EDT 2004

Martin Ewing wrote:

> You might think this is a joke, but it would be interesting to have
> the DX spot reports show up on your rig's screen.

Isn't that a feature the Kenwood TS-2000 was supposed to have, without
using an external computer. I thought it was supposed to have a builtin
packet modem working on the VHF radio, and automatically send the HF
radio to the frequency posted on the cluster. Not sure whether an
operator was needed at all after the network administrator finshed
setting it up. Gee what fun!

DE N6KB