[TenTec] Sweep display freezing on Orion

Sinisa Hristov shristov at ptt.yu
Tue Sep 7 02:54:10 EDT 2004

Steve N4LQ wrote:

> I didn't see anything about AM broadcast band stations though Bill. We have
> one here on 840khz, WHAS, 50kw about 10 to 15 miles away. You wouldn't
> believe how strong they are here.

Well, I have 100 kW Radio Nis on 711 kHz 3 miles away,
and never noticed any problem with Orion (or Mk5).

Although my Orion certainly has some problems
(and I never hesitated to report them),
strong signal handling was always excellent.

It is possible that TenTec (and other manufacturers)
do not actually perform IMD measurements
on each and every rig produced, and occasionally
bad units may slip through.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN