[TenTec] Jupiter

Dave ve1vq at auracom.com
Thu Sep 9 18:16:56 EDT 2004

kevin_r89 at netzero.com wrote:

>  I would like to know how you all feel about the TT Jupiter. I'm thinking about getting one, but first I want to know how you all feel about it. Please tell me what you know, and your feelings about this rig. Thank's K7TST in Foresthill, CA. USA.

I've had mine for two years this month now and think it's great.  The manual is
so-so!  The schematics are fine but the descriptions for the controls and
settings are poor.  I have done several firmware upgrades as they've become
available and have had no problems once I got a decent serial cable to use.  I
use it both barefoot and with an old Dentron Clipperton L amplifier and
consistently get great audio reports.  I bought the 705 microphone kit at the
same time.  If you get one make sure you turn the power supply on first, then
the Jupiter (as recommended by TT) otherwise the rig can go into a confused
state from the power supply turn-on transients.  The cure for this is a reset of
the Jupiter.

Dave
VE1VQ