[TenTec] new orion/writelog

skip k3cc at fast.net
Fri Sep 10 16:17:31 EDT 2004

Ok now that I have your attention, has anyone used the Orion with
writelog/N4PY software ?????

I'm building a new computer with Azsus mother board at 3.2Gig/800mhz FSB and
1gig or memory also 10 serial comports using XP Pro for an OS. This will run
the rotors, rigs and support for my shack.

Orion Display:  it has settled down.  I let the rig on over night and the
display has been find ever since.  It seems that it is now a little bluer in
color and not as harsh to view.

2:  I live in a very rural area and cannot have long download via the
phoneline.  I get disconnected.  That's why I couldn't get the manual before
buying the Radio.

3:  With a little tweaking the Orion could be a World Class radio.  I'll get
back to this later.

4: connectors,  I have a good stock on older Collins and drake mic
connectors along with single pin and 2 pin mic connectors.

5:  Do the Orion/TT people have a net to discuss their radios????

tnx  de Skip                  K3CC