[TenTec] RF

George Allgood w4gfa at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 10 17:14:40 EDT 2004

I'm having RF attacks.  My OMNI VI+ with computer wired to the Key jack swamps when I strike a key on the keyboard.
The problem goes away if I reduce power on the OMNI to about one half.   It's a problem trying to use contest programs
to key the rig.    Anyone have a source for high quality, shielded cables and connectors for this purpose?
I've placed  Ferrite cores on each end of the existing home brew cable, but no cigar.  Any suggestions would be most
welcome.
George W4GFA