[TenTec] RF

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Fri Sep 10 20:36:06 EDT 2004

I wonder if you have a grounding problem.  I run sstv using my omni6+
connected to my pc and no problems even with the amplifier on running 500
watts.  I use home a home brew keying device connected to a serial port on
the pc with 1 transistor and 2 resistors to the key jack.  Never had any
problems.  I have used a cw keyboard and psk32 using the same stuff with no
problems even with the centurion driven near max output.  You must have rf
floating in the shack somehow.  i do not have any kind of rf blocking
devices on my cables either.