[TenTec] Orion - satisfied user

n7af at juno.com n7af at juno.com
Mon Sep 13 13:09:02 EDT 2004

Thanks for the positive post, George.  Since we tend to discuss problems
on the reflectors, it makes the equipment look bad when it really isn't.
Sounds like your Orion is performing well for you, as expected.

I bought an Argonaut V last year to get my feet wet with modern rigs, DSP
filtering, and most importantly, QSK, since CW is my primary mode.  This
is my first Ten Tec rig and I see now that I can't go back to anything
else.  The filters and QSK are excellent and I've gotten used to pushing
buttons and using one knob to adjust a variety of functions.

I just ordered an Orion and your post helps reinforce the feeling that I
made the right decision, despite reading some of the early complaints and
ongoing issues.  I've downloaded and read the manual and watched the
video so I'm ready to get down to business as soon as it arrives.

73,
Dave
N7AF