[TenTec] Corsair vs. Peg receivers?

Mike K9UW k9uw at wi-net.com
Wed Sep 15 16:28:09 EDT 2004

I'm feeling the urge to save up for a backup rig for my Omni 6+ and the budget points to either a Corsair w/external VFO or a Peg.  My
decision on which rig to buy boils down to the receiver's capabilities.   My operating habits are diverse but chasing DX (CW) on 160, 80 and 40
meters is a growing interest.  I also enjoy SSB ragchews on 160.

The Corsair would deprive me of computer logging integration, but if the receiver is substantially better..........

Has anyone used both rigs who could comment on the merits and deficiencies of each?  Unfortunately, I've never laid eyes on either rig.

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI
k9uw at wi-net.com