[TenTec] jupiter tx / ft920 rx

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 17 13:56:25 EDT 2004

I live in a very noisy environment with regards to powerline noise. I find
the jupe's noise blanker and noise reduction system totally unable to cope
with anything but ignition noise and  not very well at that. My ft920's
ability to receive  well under  harsh noise conditions is more than
satisfactory. When the noise is not too severe I prefer the jupe; tx and rx.

I would like to be able to use a single antenna and have the jupe tx and the
920 rx. I can do the opposite with no problem... 920 tx, jupe rx as the 920
has an rx output that allows a separate receiving antenna to be used.

The ft920's keying is mushy soft on make; the sidetone has nothing to do
with what goes out on the air and the qsk is unspeakably vile, else I would
just use the 920 under difficult noise conditions.

I would appreciate suggestions as to how to use the jupe tx / 920 rx
hopefully retaining the jupe's excellent qsk.

Jerome - VA7VV