[TenTec] Those newish inverter type generators

Ben K8DIT benk8dit at callatg.com
Sat Sep 18 20:53:22 EDT 2004

Im planning to put a standby power genny on my short list. Im looking at the
3kw
honda eu3000is machine. Does anyone have any experience/issues with such
inverter style power sources. Im running the Ten Tec gear with the TT963 25
amp supply, but also have the 962. The Omni 6/opt1, the Jupiter and various
accessories also. Are there any birdies/hash/buscuits/gravy as a result of
running one of thes beauties? Ive come to realize that if this station is to
be of any use during an emergency, I'd better have something to run it
besides a couple of golf cart batteries. These inverter type generators seem
like a no brainer with their computer friendly specs and their long lasting
gas sipping characteristic. Has anyone had a negative experience running one
of these safely? TIA