[TenTec] Re: new generators

Dave Heil k8mn at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 19 00:01:50 EDT 2004

Frank Creel wrote:

> That sounds like a great idea, has anyone done it yet??
> How about running generator on propane?
> Frank
> WA5CWE

Frank and others who might be interested:

You can buy one ready to go or you can do the conversion yourself for
about $80.  There is a place down state from me, near the town of
Summersville, which supplies all you'll need for conversion to natural
gas or LP.

I became interested because I live out in the sticks on a place which
has a natural gas well beneath part of it.  Because of the lease
agreement with Columbia Gas, I receive free natural gas.  A natural gas
powered generator meant no purchasing of gasoline or refilling of the
generator and a clean-burning unit with no carb to gum up.  One pays no
road use tax (included in the price of gasoline) with natural gas or
propane. The use of synthetic oil in the thing makes it pretty well
maintenance-free.  I use a 4 KW Craftsman/Generac.  The url is:

http://www.propane-generators.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/index.html

Dave Heil K8MN
Cameron, WV