[TenTec] Getting to Sevierville this weekend

W4ABW at aol.com W4ABW at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 16:39:00 EDT 2004

Well you never can tell about I40. Now that that 20 mile section on the NC
side to the TN line is damaged, it makes things much worse. Your trip back to
Knoxville from Brevard could be delayed, lot of 18 wheel trucks use I40 going
North and South.

If you decide to go to Brevard you could continue on 441 South over the
Smokies (no trucks allowed) and connect with US 74 (Smoky Mountain Expressway)
just out of Cherokee and then make your way to Brevard using the BRP or other
roads on the map. I would not recommend that you pick up route 19/23 in Cherokee
to hit BRP at Soco Gap. Its too twisty on a good day and it might be damaged
by Ivan too. I always try and avoid 19/23 between Cherokee and Maggie Valley to
Waynesville.

Good luck on the trip
Al
W4ABW