[TenTec] Ten Tec reflector

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Thu Sep 23 07:04:01 EDT 2004

"For me, the hardware changes mean nothing. Its the receiver that counts"

Now there's a good one. Let's see.....I explain how the changes to the ICOM
Pro line are not software changes and am blamed for "bashing TenTec"! Then
I'm told that receivers are not hardware.

Well let me say this about software. You could have a very good radio with
NO software but a radio that was ALL software wouldn't work AT ALL. So if I
am "bashing" something, it is software. Software reduces us to something
even worse than appliance operators. It turns us in to helpless sucklings,
always looking to mama programmer for more firmware milk. It appears that
SOME of our rigs are having problems being weaned, yea even what is claimed
to be the "Highest Performance, Optimized" transceiver is still crying for
mama.

"Mama mama, my QSK is clicking and my screen is brown"
Ohhhh mama, I am loosing my audio and my output is down.
Pleassssseeee mama help me before I lock up and totally shut down!"

Steve N4LQ