[TenTec] Call Change...

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Fri Sep 24 13:47:08 EDT 2004

Hi again,

Prowling about on the net yesterday after posting my hospital visit
results,  I find I now have a new call sign:  W6KPI  now replaces
my former 2x1 vanity call,  KH7M.   Why?

Decided to return to the call I was first issued when I got my Class B
ticket back in 1950.  Still tried to send it a few times when on CW,  hi.
Now I just have to learn to use W6KPI again and NOT KH7M!

Our call signs no longer seem to have relevance to our QTH geography
anyway,   FCC went away from that idea years ago.  There are many
stateside calls held out here in Hawaii,  and many KH6/7 calls held
by folks now living on the mainland (and in JA and DU also! They just
use Hawaii PO Box addresses to obtain the Hawaii calls).

If I decide to enter a DX pile up,  I'll add the KH6/ prefix ahead of the
W6 to alert to the QTH,  but otherwise even the KH6 suffix/prefix seems
to be no longer needed when you are at your licensed QTH location.

73,  Jim  W6KPI
Still on the Garden Island of Kauai