[TenTec] New firmware for the Orion...

Jason Buchanan jsb at digistar.com
Fri Sep 24 19:21:30 EDT 2004

Eric SENSI wrote:

>I'm dreaming of a Tentec 756 PROIII MkV ! :-) Much seriously, I just wanted
>a radio that works. No way, man, not this time ! Please try again later !
>Game is over.

Don't hold your breath on ICOM.

My uncle bought a brand new 756 PRO2 and it worked for 5 months before
it died.  The old issue of one of the chips burning up is still present
and he made sure the unit he received was right off the factory line
(was only a week or two old).

Too bad you're having such issues with the Orion.  I'd love to have one
even if the scope and stuff never worked.  I never used it in the
Jupiter anyway so all these extra bells and whistles are no interest to
me.  God bless those who use it, it's just not my bag.

73 Jason N1SU