[TenTec] hardware vs software / Japanese Radios

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Sun Sep 26 23:04:47 EDT 2004

Just a point of interest.  I've known Al Kahn (he talked me into full
QSK at Dayton in 1971 as I recall...) and had the pleasure of the Ten
Tec service crew.  However, I've similarly enjoyed good relationships
with other companies.

I've been on the phone with high level Kenwood guys and they sent me
free parts and helped me over the phone to fix an old TS 440, several
times.  I've gotten other free parts and advice from the Yaesu crowd.
I haven't had any trouble with my Icom rig (the 703) so far, so no
experience there yet....

There is more than one good company out there.

Clark
WA3JPG