[TenTec] RE: New firmware for Orion...

Eric SENSI eric.sensi at skynet.be
Mon Sep 27 13:07:42 EDT 2004

I'd like to write just a little word...

I think I never said that ALL Orion transceivers are bad and I never said
that Tentec is a bad company too...

Sorry if some of you were shocked by my reviews and experience with this
faulty Orion.

Maybe by being a little bit aggressive with words is a way for me to be
delivered from a certain pressure I had on my back.

Choosing a transceiver of that class and price is not a common thing we're
doing everyday, so after a year or so of a so long  waiting, when you
receive a "non" working radio you feel alone like someone who's screaming
while lost in space !

I think it's a human reaction... so don't blame me, it is not because I said
bad things on this transceiver that Tentec will close the factory tomorrow
by my fault ! Tentec will continue to make happy hams in the future, and not
only in the USA, I'm pretty sure of that.

Now, after a deep analysis of the problem, if the dealer decides to replace
the faulty Orion by a new and 100% working one, maybe then, my door will be
wide open for a Tentec radio in my (empty) shack ! Personally, I do not
believe in God and I'm not interested to have a "new" radio that has been
dismounted/fixed/repaired/modified... etc.

I remember 3 years ago, I bought a top notch hi-fi CD player in Scotland
from LINN (in fact, a complete active high-end LINN system, twice the price
of the IC-7800), the Ikemi CD player (which is the same price of the Orion)
had a faulty transport mechanism, LINN took the problem in hand and a few
days later, I received a brand new CD player with some excuses from the
company, that's what I called customer service at it's highest level ! ;-)

Unfortunately, for the Orion, this will not be the same.

Best regards, Eric, ON6CV.