[TenTec] Orions SO2R in CQ WW RTTY

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Mon Sep 27 21:03:12 EDT 2004

"FOR TOP NOTCH CONTEST GRADE RTTY USE, ORION'S DSP NEEDS TIGHTER SKIRTS"

I noticed how broadly the Orion tuned while doing A/B test between it and
the Pro2. The PRO2's filters are almost vertical and signals drop like a
rock at the edge of the passband. You can taper them off by staggering the
PBT for non-contest operation. At 100hz BW, the Orion seemed really broad in
comparison.

Steve N4LQ