[TenTec] Orions SO2R in CQ WW RTTY

Lee Crocker w9oy at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 23:37:30 EDT 2004

I have used a Timewave 599zx to improve the Orion's
shape factor in narrow bandwidths, and have found it
effective.  Since it works on the margins and is not a
major source of selectivity I have not found any
problems with the AGC action.  I also like the way the
Timewave filter shapes SSB audio on the Orion.

With respect to N1MM's software I like it, but I wish
it would support the ten tec file interface so I could
use N4PY's software in conjunction with the N1MM
software.

I found Bob's narative of his experience with Orion's
receiver in the SO2R environment enlightening.

73

Lee W9OY