[TenTec] Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+

Chuck (Jack) Hawley c-hawley at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 28 19:36:52 EDT 2004

Good info. I have the 564 and had to replace the surface mount components on
one board. It isn't as bad as it seems like it's going to be at first
glance. Just need a good bench lamp with a magnifier.
I had the most fun with this rig than any I have ever owned...somewhat due
to being able to (and having to...) do some work on it like resetting the
oscillators and static charge damage to the swr bridge and op amp.
I also put two Inrad 2.8 KHz filters in it and like the change. You need
both I think.
I'm thinking of getting the Orion just to have something to work on...

Chuck, KE9UW

---