[TenTec] Orion Audio

Tom Lutz telutz at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 10 13:35:50 EDT 2005

I am having trouble with my brand new Orion in that the audio is distorted,
especially when the processor is off.  I have tried several mics.  I can't
understand why it would be distorted only when the processor off.  Some
reports are that it is somewhat distorted with the processor on as well but
for some reason the processor seems to mask it.

I have other issues with it as well but am tackling them one at a time.
Other issues so far are that the receive shuts down now and then (has
happened about 7-10 times) and I have to turn the radio off and on to get it
back, the High Cut control doesn't work properly, and the power output is
only 80 - 90 watts depending on band.

I just received this radio last Thursday,

I will be calling Ten Tec tomorrow but was wondering if others have
experienced the audio distortion issue.

Tom, W)ZR