[TenTec] Real CW

Scott / W4PJ w4pj at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 12 23:10:37 EDT 2005

Five words a minute.

Five characters times five in five minutes.

The day I went in for my Extra, I carried paper and pencil, and when they
ran the code for the 5wpm, I decided to jot down every dot and dash.  I
filled the paper with marks for  twentyfive 'words' on the paper, containing
dots and dashes.  I didn't try to copy what was sent, just put the dots and
dashes on the paper at five wpm.  Guess what?  No Problem!

Since the current test has no time limit, anybody who says they can't take
the 5wpm test just doesn't even have the ability,, er, I mean desire to jot
dots and dashes down on a piece of paper and then translate the text at
their own liesure.  That person just doesn't want it. At all.  C'mon, the
difficulty level of jotting the dots and dashes down on paper only takes
hand motion, not mental ability at all.  You don't even have to be able to
"copy" code at 5wpm.

You gotta be too much more than just lazy to not get 5wpm at today's
standards.

PEACE
Scott / W4PJ

P.S. It's too bad no OT piped up and said, "If you want some help, I'll work
with you."