[TenTec] Audio blues

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 13 23:27:05 EDT 2005

Could be a number of things causing the change in audio.  I suspect it is RF
getting into the audio curcuit but the thing to do is give Paul in the
service dept.at TT and run this by him. He will suggest some logical steps
to be taken to try to pin it down.

If I were you though I would try another mike to see if this helps.  IF that
does not help, then I would begin disconnecting  every accessory cable
plugged into the Orion one at a time to see if the RF clears up.  Use the
monitor and earphones to test each disconnect. Once I found RF cleared up
when I unplugged the external speaker.  It was easy to fix once I found
where the rf was getting into the rig.

The kind of antenna you are using could be a factor also.  Windoms with a
radiating vertical coax could cause some problems if it is close to the
operating position.

OR...........something is broken!   It happens.          Good luck!