[TenTec] ARRL "regulation by bandwidth"

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Apr 14 09:50:34 EDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 09:33:35AM -0400, roncasa at verizon.net wrote:

> Well there is a statement that does not make sense, or is not logical.
> Logic dictates (or common sense reveals):
> ARRL presence is dependant on the hobby of ham radio.
> Why would "they" be planning something thats "not good for the hobby"?

They are dependent upon hams that pay membership dues.

The problem is as I said before, the 80 (no 75 at all) and 40 meter bands
are much smaller outside of the America's. The voice portion of the US
bands is impossible to hear because it is used by high power broadcasters.

This limits the ability of hams outside of the America's to have a reasonable
conversation and now that long distance is cheap and there are internet phones,
what's left are the most dedicated. Phone patches are gone.

The solution is ...........

Geoff.

IL Voice: 972-2-679-6896  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
VoN  Skype: mendelsonfamily