[TenTec] Real CW

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Apr 14 18:12:25 EDT 2005

Not sure who your addressing, but I'll say a few more words on this subject,
as some of the other folks don't like to talk about Ten Tec's greatest
attribute.

Paul, I just have one question. When you are on the telephone having a
conversation, do you write down every word that is said to you? I'm pretty
sure your answer would be 'No'?  One of the great things about almost every
Ten Tec rig I've ever owned is it's great full QSK capability. From my
standpoint, if I'm operating CW, I'm always using the full QSK mode. In
essence, that is no different from talking on a telephone, the difference
being that you are conversing in another language, i.e., morse code.

If you are interested in getting your copy speed up above about 25 wpm,
almost everyone will tell you to put down your pencil and copy in your head,
that's pretty standard. When I QSO at 70 wpm, I do it just the same way as
if I was talking to the guy on the telephone, it's back and forth banter,
hardly ever doing anything except maybe jot down notes.

On your comment 'So we might all have our limitations'. I think it's pretty
much theorized that when a person is born, the mind, at that time is pretty
much a blank slate...the road blocks we put in the path of our brain are by
our own doing. Learning to copy code faster is not rocket science, getting
around the (negative thinking "I can't") road blocks you put in your path is
the difficult part.

Tommy

W4BQF