[TenTec] ARRL "regulation by bandwidth" -- TenTec Repair Cycle?

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Thu Apr 14 11:02:39 EDT 2005

> If there's another organization that's doing a better job, I haven't
> heard about it.

Lack of competition always leads to lack of motivation to listen.  That
so few Hams are members suggests something about a lack of perception of
value-added.  The small Ham membership undermines the authority with
which the ARRL speaks to the FCC and others.  These are realities, not
criticisms.  We have to understand the problems before we can hope to
address them.

The pure hobby aspect of CW, AM, boatanchors, etc. are of no interest
or value to non-Hams.  It is the segments of the Ham radio system that
represent value to technology, education, public service, and emergency
communications that others care about -- and they make the decisions
that matter re. spectrum, mode permissions, interference remediation,
etc.  The ARRL, and we, must think outside of the fun-hobby-box if we
are to continue to be the beneficiaries of so much valuable spectrum.

> Sorry to add to this off-topic stuff.  We might all have a better day
> if we just let the Tentec reflector be a Tentec reflector.

Amen on that.

ON TOPIC QUESTION:

How long is the typical TenTec repair cycle, please?

I sent them my Jupiter and am wondering how long it is likely to
be before it finds its way back home.

I am not being critical, merely curious.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

           |_|___|_|
           | | & | |
              {|
      /\      {|
     /  \     {|
    /    \    {|
============\ #    West Central Florida
http://bibleseven.com
Ham PC = 100% Linux Novell-Suse 9.2
Halli, Heathkit, Homebrew, MFJ, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life: http://www.gospelcom.net/twr/
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!