[TenTec] Serial Numbers for Omni

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Apr 25 22:34:55 EDT 2005

N1JM wrote:
 >Example: Serial Number 06A10108
06 at the front is month of manufacture, or scheduled production run
month.  ***If we were scheduled to build a run of a particular model in
June, and for some reason we were delayed to July or August for that
particular run, we'd still put "06" at the front of the serial
number.***

         Then the first 2 digits may not be very meaningful.  My
Orion shipped 20AUG03 is 03C10193.  I seriously doubt it was sitting
around for 5 months (March to August), so the 03 prefix doesn't seem
to have much correlation with when it was actually manufactured.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV