[TenTec] cw creation

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Wed Apr 27 02:48:10 EDT 2005

Hi all,

In the discusion about the audio tone input to a SSB mode transmitter as
the method of CW generation we have identified four rigs that do this,
so far:

The Collins 32S-1 (maybe) and KWM-2, the Sunair GSE-924, and the SBE-34.

These all have something in common (with perhaps the Collins 32S-1 being
the exception): They are primarily SSB rigs, that also have CW
capability. None of them was really intended to be a top notch CW rig.

I don't have schematics or manuals for any of them, so I cannot check. I
once had a Heath SB-301 and 401, which I understood to be designed by
engineers who defected from Collins, and were very similar to the
Collins S line. I don't remember whether the SB-401 used a audio tone
input to the balanced modulator to produce CW. Anyone out there happen
to know? And what about the 32S-1? Did it do that, or not?

DE N6KB