[TenTec] rooms in Dayton

Ron Notarius wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Apr 28 14:57:22 EDT 2005

I don't know about the U of Cincinatti, but the University of Dayton makes
their dorm rooms available, since Hamvention now takes place after the end
of the semester.

Information is available on their web site, and no, I don't know the URL
offhand (KQ3DX has handled the arrangements for my club's group for the last
few years) but should be a quick Google away.

The price went up slightly this year, but it worked out to about $67 per
person.  That's not per day... that's for three nights (Th Fr & Sa), split
four ways (each dorm suite has two two-bed rooms, plus a small furnished
living room and a small kitchen with fridge -- but bring your own cooking
utensils).

The only disadvantage is that the U of D is on the south side of Dayton,
although it's only about 3 minutes from I-75, so it is about a 25 or so
minute drive to Hara... but watch out for rush hour on Friday evening, or
other events (one year Hamvention coincided with the Dayton Regatta, which
made for an interesting -- and long -- drive back).  But traffic to & from
is always a pain, so those who've been there awhile know how to handle it.

Now that I've whet a few appetites... U of D does take reservations, usually
in January (and payment is due in advance sometime in March).  So odds are
that they're booked up.  However, check with them anyway, they do have a
waiting list, there are often cancellations, and you never know...