[TenTec] Orion and TVI

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at tomorrowsweb.com
Fri Apr 29 02:04:49 EDT 2005

>If you are having "TVI" problems with an Orion, you're blaming the wrong
>piece of equipment and need to be looking somewhere else in your station.

I was not blaming the Orion. You can't fix the problem by changing
someting in the Orion. You have to look to the surrounding environment.
And I wouldn't rule out the power supply that was added as the Kenwood
has a built in power supply so there is a second piece of equipment that
changed in the station in addition to the Orion itself.... but I
mentioned that in my previous post. If the power supply is generating
sufficient, clean DC power and absolutely everything else is the same in
his station then more likely stray RF is coupling back into the Orion
via one of its other interconnects (mic, key, paddles, computer, etc.).
Of course the RF that is causing this now was there before with the
Kenwood but for what ever reason the Kenwood just wasn't as sensitive to
it in that station configuration.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT