[TenTec] TenTec receivers

Darrel Emerson 74010.2230 at compuserve.com
Sat Aug 6 17:52:06 EDT 2005

I was interested to see, in a fascinating NIST document that
describes the NIST time service (WWV, WWVH and WWVB in particular)
that there's a picture of a TenTec RX340 - see Fig 3.11 in
 http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/general/pdf/1383.pdf  .  It's presumably
the very same image taken from the TenTec site, as the frequency
readouts correspond.
  While browsing on the TenTec site (the commercial receiver section) I
noticed
their announcement of a new commercial receiver, the RX400, due out
in 2005.  A $6k price tag, but interesting to see.  I wonder how that
receiver
will compare to the Orion's.

     73
               Darrel Emerson, aa7fv.